A refresher course for practitioners seeking to gain or to renew an Assessment Practising Certificate.
Please note: You should already be familiar with diagnostic assessment report writing to enable you to attend this course.
The course is based around carefully designed datasets and case study materials, which are worked through and reflected upon. Participants will be able to:
- update their knowledge and understanding by revisiting and reviewing, aspects of statistical constructs
- review the structure of SASC diagnostic assessment report for specific learning difficulties, taking into account changes that became accepted practice in July 2020
- undertake the continuing professional development activities required in order to maintain professional practice standards.
Please note: the course does not provide advice on:
- the selection or administration of assessment tests (as it is about report writing)
- individual assessment test items (which would breach copyright)
- participants’ wider queries about report writing (i.e. tutors cannot look at samples of participants’ professional work/findings or offer advice on specific examples of interpretation outside the context of the course materials).
This is a four week online course with 12 hours study and an examined assignment at the end.