About the course
Dyslexia Action Training is a SASC Authorised CPD Provider. This course is suitable for those seeking to gain or renew their Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC). Five hours of the total learning hours for this course are recognized and accredited by SASC as fulfilling, in part, the (minimum) 20 CPD hours required over three years that contribute towards gaining or renewing an APC. APC candidates should present a representative portfolio of CPD study, professional development, and self-directed learning.
- 12 hours of online learning, conducted over a 4 week period
- Free online induction before the course
- Tutor support throughout the duration of the course
- Please note this course does not actually give you an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) for further details on gaining your APC please click here
Why do this course?
- There will be a focus on assessments for post 16 year olds and meeting the Report Writing requirements for Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs), however, this is also applicable for those working with wider age ranges and needing to update professional practice
- Our trainers are experienced, qualified specialists in diagnostic assessment report writing and assessment testing for dyslexia/Spld working to the SpLD Assessment Standards Committee (SASC) criteria
Who is this course suitable for?This specialist assessment CPD training covers current best practice in report writing and preparation for those looking to gain or renew an Assessment Practising Certificate.Candidates should normally be qualified specialist assessors (with a Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent) and be familiar with diagnostic assessment report writing already
More Information and RegistrationsPlease Click Here to navigate to our main website for more information and to check other online courses we offer
The Dyslexia Guild Annual Summer ConferenceThe Dyslexia Guild holds an annual Summer Conference and welcomes all those with a professional interest in dyslexia and SpLD, including specialist teachers and assessors, psychologists, learning support tutors and assistants. Guild members enjoy a preferential rate and we welcome new members to our community from all settings.Our conference aims to provide a great opportunity to meet and network with dyslexia/SpLD specialists. It enables practitioners to hear expert views and examine current topical issues relating to literacy and dyslexia/SpLD in a warm and vibrant conference setting:
Next Guild Summer Conference
- Receive a discount on your place at the conference as a Guild member.
- Hear about research and current topics from our expert speakers
- Network with others from around the world of SpLD
- Attend seminar sessions on specific topics
- Visit our Dyslexia Action Shop
- Take time out of your busy schedule to learn and reflect
- Take home a certificate for your Continuing Professional Development