Please Login/Register first before filling in this form otherwise the system will not recognise your contribution.
Application for Route 2 Accreditation of Prior Experience and Learning
Route Two recognises Accredited Prior Experience or Learning (APEL). This route is intended for applicants who have trained in assessment and dyslexia many years ago, have seven years of assessment experience. You must have maintained CPD during this time; are fully up-to-date with current tests and regulations but who have not formally updated their qualifications.
You will be asked to submit
- Agree to the Dyslexia Guild Code of Practice and a personal statement supporting your application
- Your Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates of relevant qualifications listed in your CV
- Statements of support from two relevant professionals and a signed statement regarding working within current legislation
- Evidence of current practical applications and skills in diagnostic assessment and reporting. This should include one full assessment report (include original test sheet with scores), which should include at least one hour of filmed video evidence.
For any queries regarding supporting documentation please refer to the APC Brochure found on our main website.
Payment is by credit card. If you require us to invoice your employer you must first provide us with a Purchase Order by selecting the Pay Later Option below. If you select this option please be advised that your application process will not start until all fees are paid in full (including the Guild Membership Fee).
Please note that some files may be too large to upload into the Dyslexia Guild database. The APC Registration Form only allows attachments to a maximum file size of 10 MB. If your file sizes are more than 10MB please do the following:
- Put all your documents into one folder and then zip them. You can do this by selecting all the documents; right click Send to; select Compressed (Zipped) folder.
- Use Dyslexia Action's MailBigFile Service which is a free service for sending emails with large attachments.
- Click here to access MailBigFile, then select Assessment Practising Certificate Uploads under the Recipient dropdown menu.
You can watch a video tutorial on how to upload attachments using MailBigFile by clicking here.